The 14th International Frontiers of Algorithmics Workshop (FAW 2020) will be held on May 29-31, 2020 at Haikou, Hainan Province, China.
The 14th International Frontiers of Algorithmics Workshop (FAW 2020) will provide a focused forum on current trends of research on algorithms, discrete structures, operation research, combinatorial optimization and their applications, and will bring together international experts at the research frontiers in these areas to exchange ideas and to present significant new results. Typical, but not exclusive, topics of interest include:
- Algorithms and data structures;
- Algorithmic game theory and incentive analysis;
- Approximation algorithms and online algorithms;
- Automata, languages, logic, and computability;
- Bioinformatics, computational biology and medicine, and biomedical applications;
- Biomedical imaging algorithms;
- Combinatorial optimization;
- Combinatorics and discrete structures related to algorithms and complexity;
- Communication networks and optimization;
- Complexity theory;
- Computational algebra, geometry, number theory, and statistics;
- Computational learning theory, knowledge discovery, and data mining;
- Cryptography, reliability, and security;
- Database theory, large databases, and natural language processing;
- Experimental algorithmic methodologies;
- Geometric information processing and communication;
- Graph algorithms and theory;
- Graph drawing and information visualization;
- Internet algorithms and protocols;
- Large graph algorithms and social network analysis;
- Optimization algorithms in economic and operations research;
- Parallel and distributed computing and multicore algorithms;
- Parameterized algorithms, heuristics, and analysis;
- Pattern recognition algorithms;
- Trustworthy algorithms and trustworthy software.
Submission Guidelines and Publication Information
The submission deadline is December 29, 2019 (23:59 Beijing Time). All submissions are electronic via EasyChair, and the submission server is now available at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=faw2020
Only previously unpublished new results will be considered for publication. Papers that have already been published at another journal or conference with proceedings, or simultaneously submitted or accepted to another conference with proceedings will not be considered. Submissions must adhere to the following guidelines: Papers must be formatted using the LNCS style, file without altering margins or the font point. A submission should not exceed 12 pages, including references, but excluding the optional appendix. Proofs omitted due to space constraints must be placed in an appendix to be read by the program committee members at their discretion. Papers that deviate from these guidelines risk being rejected without consideration of their merits.
The proceedings of the Conference will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series, and will be available for distribution at the conference.
Selected high quality papers will be invited to a special issue in Theoretical Computer Science , Journal of Combinatorial Optimization and SN Operations Research Forum. The invited papers will go through the normal reviewing process.
|Submission deadline||Dec. 29, 2019 |
(23:59 Beijing Time)
|Author Notification of acceptance||Feb. 20, 2020|
|Final version due||Mar. 1, 2020|
|Conference Dates||May 29-31, 2020|